PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 05:38
before landing check list

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bear, maybe the (or A problem) is software is needed for basic functions. I do think that if there were some real instruments requiring hardware such as a tube that was relaying ram air pressure from the outside DIRECTLY to the inside to an instrument which would translate that to a circular scale and call this an IAS dial, and somewhere close to it have a real gyro to give attitude information with a battery back up and another one with another tube DIRECTLY reading the pressure outside the aircraft to another circular dial and call this an altimeter. Then SOMEWHERE on the panel mount these where the computer operators can see them and before they climb into the cockpit give them training on how/when to use them. While you are at it have a freaking big red button between the seats that when pushed there is no right stick did this, left stick did that and if the moon is at a certain light level and it is Tuesday the software still may or may not give you what you ask for and in doing so the computer operators now turn into pilots.

Face it, the freakin system as a whole was designed to eliminate pilot mistakes. It was not expressly designed to lighten workload, was already had all we needed for that. Not only was it to eliminate our possible mistakes but to also cover up our lack of basic flying skills with designers and software engineers who thought they knew more then we did on how an aircraft is supposed to be operated. We were sold a wagon full of crap now we must do our best to operated within this absurd criteria.

Dudes you need to rise up with your unions and take your positions back, this is not working.
Now let us hear the bitching from the My god is my software and I shall covet no other people.

Last edited by before landing check list; 31st Jul 2011 at 06:02.