PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survey: Are you accepting their offer?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 03:08
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoaa! Struck yet a another nerve ETOPS?

You defend your position as do I defend mine. Plain and simple. And just like the many, many iCadets wannabe's and present day sell-outs you deem all others who speak out against and bring up real facts like the housing not being CPI factored, the costs of living, the P2X rating, the year in, year out increases in housing costs.... If the argument doesn't suit YOUR agenda then we should all "p!ss off" and leave you to your self indulgent sold out rubbery spine? So half truths are OK, but daring to elaborate on the full facts is not? How dare I support you that the HKPLA and housing allowance is usable toward a mortgage, and then go and add the truths about the real value of it owing to the real facts of the contract and HK housing costs!!!

Those MANY of us who argue against have an "agenda" and are "wankers" as such? Do YOU not have an agenda in your argument then? If so, that makes you a w@anker as defined by yourself. It's called inductive reasoning. Look it up.

And you honestly think that there are only a few here who disagree with what you and the others have done to the job at CX, and / or you endorse? Open your childish and pathetic eyes to the other forums and threads. I know, I know.... too hard!

Rather than policing a forum
And then what do you call your post?

In Europe, there is nothing. Nothing, shy of buying a type and paying to work. Or, working for the great FlyBe for 24k.
Nothing? Absolutely NOTHING but for pay-for-rating-and hours jobs? And you dare think CX are not getting the iCadets to pay for their own rating, etc via the HUGE loss in remuneration and bond?? Simple maths of what is was and what it is, use the difference and see if that is more or less what an endorsement costs at the many facilities around the world. A320 or 73NG endorsements can be gotten for $10-12k, and 777 or 330 for not much more... "IF" one chooses to do some research. (Ooops! Dirty word!!). CX have made that money back many times over via the reduced T's & C's in this iCadet package.

There are jobs but because of this illustrious iCadet package you say they're all dried up in the wavering of CX's management pen that created the iCadet package? And what did so many, many THOUSANDS of pilots do before the iCadet offer? Oh, I forgot. There was no world before it. There are jobs out there. MANY, MANY jobs out there. Some airlines require at least 500 hrs TT for a RHS in an A320 or 73NG, but a majority of other jet jobs more: from 1000-1500hrs TT. Even CX's pre-iCadet minimums were 1000 hrs TT for DESO!!!!!!! So, a potential 18 months to 2 years of "too hard" hour building could've gained an applicant respect and the same remuneration with their CX colleagues. That's a long time considering the amount of "CX hasn't responded to my application and it's been THREE WEEKS!! What will I do??!! Who can I email??!!"

And, building hours in the RHS of a jet earning anywhere from $6-12k USD a month, tax free (depending on the contract). Yet you still scream iCadet SO at CX is the best deal going. It shows your utter lack of research.

I have several colleagues who managed to build their time in the UK and Europe as instructors, flying across the ditch in light twins, doing charter work, and some landed jobs very quickly into the RHS of jets. So all those other THOUSANDS of pilots from the UK and Europe were full of crap about ever working in these "non existant" jobs? Some even had the balls to go overseas to pursue their career and build their hours. (I know, I know.... too hard). Well in your eyes, of course! And why should they when there is a cheaper, nastier and quicker way to do it; all at the expense of self worth, the airline and industry.

And to highlight your still imbecilic method of being able to argue from fact, you call me a yank. Shows your pathetic ability to read all before shooting your mouth off. IDIOT.

why don't you bugger off and try to help your fellow American pilots pick up the pieces with their laughable 'legacy' packages.
Because I'm not one you ignorant fool who has thus proven your incapability of doing the most minuscule of background reading before jumping in head first. I suppose you only read the first few pages of your FCOM(s) & not bother with the other few hundred pages because the rest of them & the FCTM, SOPs, FPPM, etc, etc must all be the same.....

And for the record, you go sprouting crap about the US and the legacy carrier volatility and scene there then you could be in for big trouble at any number of airline bars around the globe. In relation to CX, what's worse? Seeing how a legacy carier can screw over it's pilots due an unscrupulous, greedy and immoral management, as well as a union sitting on the sidelines allowing it all to happen? Or not learning from history and watching it unfold right before your own eyes right now? (Gotta remove that head from the sand first). History repeats when you allow it to.

And for the record "buggering" was something your nation was privy to, especially in the public school system. (Urban Dictionary: bugger)

....I'm ashamed to call my colleagues,
You don't need me to tell you the feeling is vastly in the majority of the way CX pilots and the entire industry feel about the likes of you.

You pretend to know about the RAF pilots situation?
Find BUT ONE of my posts stating that I EVER mentioned that. That makes you a liar.

based on untruths and what your got from 'AOA and GMO updates'.
Really? Find BUT ONE post of mine sprouting an "untruth" where I have used the AOA / GMA / DFO updates as my source. Again: liar. Or should we look at your great "bugger" of a hero from the DFO's latest update where it states "The cadet programme continues to be an important recruitment stream but one which also fulfills our goal of providing the opportunity for young people in Hong Kong to engage in aviation." The DFO claims it's for "young people in HK" yet "buggered" out it seems to any unsuspecting kid clueless as to the real affects on the industry, airline or career. Read your own damn hero's updates and use some of your own damn common sense. Difficult since you've been proven unable to.

about 3 other CX pilots, of which some post under several usernames
No, not me. Clutching at straws here aren't we? But if you try to make such ignorant accusation enlighten us with the logic you draw this conclusion from. Or is it more a case that ANYONE who has a differing opinion to you must be a one off? Again, try to read the many other threads. First pull your head from your "buggered" ar$e as not all is written on the Wannabe forums. By far the pilots with experience of CX and the industry are in a huge majority against this rubbish you defend so vehemently. Go and look at the MANY people offering their reasons and experience to argue against it!! Or of course you'll claim they are all one in the same person. Idiot. Instead the pilots you support tell anyone with experience to "p!ss off and retire". Admirable. Classy. Respectful.

My advice is not to worry about the money.
Such marvelous advice!!! Did you not run Lehman Bros in a previous career? After all, who needs money when there's a big shiny jet involved?

So ETOPS.... Answer this: Is the iCadet housing allowance factored to CPI pressures? YES or NO?

If NO, will the net or real value of the monthly allowance be worth LESS if the property valuations in HK rise due such CPI influences? YES or NO?

If the real value of the allowance is seen to decrease does this make for BETTER or WORSE living standards for the lessee or mortgage owner?

Is the CX CPP / iCadet a GOOD THING for the pilot body, the airline and industry as a whole or a BAD THING?

Have standards been RAISED or LOWERED?

After all, this was the basic premise of the discussion until you got on your "buggered" high horse to sprout lies in order to discredit me, ill-gotten conclusions in defense of a package that has raped the pilots T&C's at CX and drawn a further sword into the back of the industry as a whole. "Oh!! But the money is better than doing other things!!? Sounds like the exact same argument a hooker uses.

You are happy to sprout your loud voice yet unwilling to allow anyone else an opinion that differs from your self-sanctifying agenda. Where my facts have been wrong I have happily & readily accepted them. As yet, your unconscionable attack offers nothing to warrant that.

Like 404Titan: I have no problem with iCadets as such. In fact the complete opposite. My entire argument is against the severe detriment to pilot and industry T&C's. CX are using the iCadet scheme for a money grab: nothing more, nothing less: all in a time of record profits. In the same voice it is disturbing and insulting to see the quality of applicant the iCadetship seems to attract based on their posts here on pprune alone. I trust the CX system weeds that rubbish out. The last bone of contention is the argument defending their decision: it's too hard anywhere else / there are NO other jobs / the money is great compared to anything else / the training is free & without chains / what does an SO actually do....and so on, and so on, and so on.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 31st Jul 2011 at 08:16.