PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to hire 150 pilots
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2011, 23:49
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
last offer oversubscribed by a factor of10 eh Bruce. That would be about 550 pilots vying for 55 positions! As Bombs gone said, only 5 jellybacks applied, and it seems they lucked out onto the EBA because of the efforts of the AFAP/JPC (Federal court injunction). I'd bet my house that those five pilots weren't even union members. Good one guys!

Years ago the Mayor of New York instigated zero tolerance policing. This was sucessful in catching serious criminal offenders by netting apparently ordinary citizens for any breach of the law, no matter how trivial. On a large number of ocassions these petty acts resulted in the offender being aprehended for the comitting of former serious crimes.

The dishonesty of this management is truely breathtaking. Some may say that it's just smoke and mirrors, it's simply playing the game. It underlines however a much deeper attitude WRT corporate responsibility. As with the criminals apprehended in the above example, JQ/QF management are so used to comitting what they see as acceptable transgressions (lying to all and sundry, The media, the public, the Senate!), that what lies underneath must surely be interesting.

Unless this latest offer of employment is under the current JQ EBA, DON'T TOUCH IT! You will only be facilitaing the evil empire, and sowing the seeds of our own destruction. JQ management will have to act responsibly, or shelve their expansion plans, and they're unlikely to do that! As for the 5 weak as P!ss characters that took the last offer, well done boys, you are enjoying the fruits of labour facilitated by men much stronger than you. My advice, keep your heads down and thank your lucky stars!