PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2011, 18:24
heading 125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cardiff customers don't need bargain price tickets what they do need are tickets same price or slightly lower than Bristol. Time and time again I try and fly out of Cardiff- Same hotel, nearly same time flight, same airline and Bristol is £100 per person cheaper. Many of my friends say "going out of Bristol this time, £400 cheaper than Cardiff same hotel , be mad not to". I even paid the extra fair for my son to fly out of Cardiff rather than go all the way to Bristol.

I have a lot of contact with the flying public out of Cardiff and usually ask about holidays and the answer is that they really want to travel form Cardiff, but, it used to be because of the destinations now it is due to price as well.

If the cost can down to Bristol's prices then I am sure Cardiff would see an increase in Pax. Thats on a package.

Low cost needs a cheap operator to take on Easyjet and Ryanair at Bristol, BMIbaby were just too expensive - a difficult task I know Jet2 and Monach still would not be cheap enough.

Until these issues are tackled then the numbers will carry on dwindling.