PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft ownership - how can we dispel the rich toy myth?
Old 30th Jul 2011, 14:24
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If by "anyone enjoying life" you mean the poor souls frequently reported in the media who through no fault of their own find it impossible to pay back the £37,000 they've borrowed on credit cards to spend on night clubs and clothes, then yes, "suspect, a waster and someone who needs re-education" would seem a reasonable description.
No, that is not who I meant and yes, these people also do need a readjustment of attitude.

The people I am talking about are those who have the means but don't use them. Maybe it's more a problem where I live and in places I have relations to, but there is is ridiculous how people sit on their cash and will shout abuse at anyone having a holiday or even going for a coffee in a restaurant, let alone fly an airplane. By their own choice but yet to "impress" others with their miser attitude. And as far as I can see, folks like that are prominently sitting in all sorts of political movements trying to forbid everything. Pal of mine calls them Taliban-Misers. I call them killjoys amongst other things.

You quote the exact opposite. Of course there are people like that also in GA but I'd say probably a lot less than generally.

(People who put grocer''s' apo's'troph'e's in plur'al's' are also in need of re-education BTW. It doesn't half detract from trying to read what they're trying to say, so is a real barrier to communication.)
Sorry about that. I'll have it checked out Unfortunately, English is not my first language.... Thanks for pointing it out.