PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2011, 14:22
STICK N RUDDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
todays training

Well i do not blame the crew. I would say todays training is very poor from very begining of the flight training , teaching methods are bad etc..I see this every day..

Take an example of stall recovery..how do you get beyond critical AoA is by abusing the elevator so the elevator is the flight control that stalls and the flight control that unstalls AC. It s your AoA control and or speed control so you MUST push that stick fwd BUT some teach just add power keep the same pitch as we can see today.

Now flight schools or airlines teach something new the ,,new way'' to recover from the stall and even they don t teach full stall recovery.I see this with EU students who never heard of elevator trim stall,turning stall,cross control stall etc.Just not too long ago a student who finished the training did t know pitot static system failures and instrument errors.

Today we train OPERATORS not pilots..think of it you have pilots flying who never been upside down in an airplane and they are supose to recover from any attitude???? Blame flight training and my friend it will get worse...