PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHF - Merlin Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2011, 14:01
Unchecked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not assuming anything and yes, I was only talking about pilots but I never mentioned anything of all the other key roles. Your paranoia puts you on the offensive again, I see.

Yes, the RN are the best people to do all of the jobs you mention, including the flying. Your pilots have been doing it for years, it is their niche, the RAF haven't and yes, in a perfect world it would remain that way. RAF PILOTS could though, with enough training and exposure, handle deck operations in RW aircraft if required and that is why I still maintain that the Merlin mk3 should remain with the RAF, the Merlin force should absorb some of the CHF crews into it to train the RAF in deck ops. For the limited amount of time that the CHF spend on deck then the marinisation of the mk3 is costly and unnecessary and we should not be wasting our taxpayers money on it.

So yeah, please do continue to have air-minded people aboard your ships, from the chef to the CO, but please, stop telling everyone that the RAF are incapable of landing a helicopter on them.