PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2011, 12:07
sk8erboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quotewill fight for the
improvements we deserve at the next pay talks.
][/quote]
As mentioned above it's a real shame to be accepting this derisory offer when you are already looking ahead to when it can be improved. Do you honestly think that by rolling over now at the first sign of actually having to do anything other than put a cross in a box you are sendig a message to the management which says you won't be messed with? Or are you in effect saying that you're a weak group so string us along for a while then make the offer you no doubt had in mind from day one.

By accepting this offer we are seen as team players, but then we
can get our ducks in a row for the next talks, the economy will
be improving by then, other airlines will be recruiting, everything will
be in our favour
Do you honestly think that having not accepted any offers until now management think you are 'team players'.!!!! Do you think they care at all? Given your sceduling agreement I would think not. And common sense would contradict your argument re future recruitment. If I ran a small airline where people traditionally moved up to bigger and better things I would address the package now to try and stop people even looking. But Flybe is a training airline in the management eyes, always has been and will be so I suspect you'll find they won't care what the market does.

however I wouldn't expect many DEC's because there a huge number of command ready FO's already here so expect recruitment to be FO level only
DP I hope you're right. But given the level of respect you have been shown by management, and given that it will be generally skippers who leave first as better airlines snap up your experienced guys, don't be surprised to find that there is a need for Captains immediately, leading to DEC recruitment to fill the gap.

Anyone who thinks that the crew have scored a victory here is an apologist. Flybe are making a fortune, buying up airlines where the crews earn a lot more, and keeping you on low pay. Whilst the management reward themselves massively. Now I accept they take the risks hence they have a right to better remuneration, but come one, where does it stop when JF earns more than Willie Walsh. BA pilots wouldn't stand for what you do, grow some backbone for your own sakes.