PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford - Anyone trained there recently and got a job?
Old 14th Oct 2002, 22:44
ESSEX BOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

"APPROVED SCHOOLS"

Define ?

Stapleford is an "approved school" ! found my training good quality, and most of all ! Half the price of the Likes of Oxford and Cabair, i know im glad with my choice ! I know several people that have got jobs with either flying schools or charter company's couple of Greek guys gone to an airline in Cyprus !

One of the instructors went to Astraeus. couple to BA city express, and various other smaller charter company's !

I know one pilot done an "APPROVED course ? " at oxford, low hours and got a job flying a Citation (good-but) he done all his training at Oxford, and all the approaches their ! When ever he flies in their (Oxford) he is Spot On !!! but just got the sack because he cant do an approach anywhere else !!

Im still pleased with my choice, doing the approaches at other airfields has only improved my flying !

If you have a SPARE £50,000 in your pocket go for Oxford/Cabair, get an approved CPL/IR !

or ... save £30,000 and get a CPL/IR at Stapleford then you could use the money left for type rating ? the choice is yours.

I do agree it's prob not worth paying for, but if type rated pilots are their, the Airline's such as Easyjet may just wanna save some money and go for them ???

Good luck all with you choice !!!