PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Koreanair A380 tail strike NRT
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2011, 09:09
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grease and Tolerance

It sounds like the fine art of the language that is certainly not spoken and understood East of the Ural and West of the Pacific.

The Orientals asking for tolerance towards them at all times and have no understanding that greasing get´s you further then friction. I expirience now for more then 10 years that. I heared briefings and introduction they sounded as a excuse to be present today. Guy´s told me that "Oriental Cockpit Culture" is diffrent from Western and they appologize for any missunderstanding that may arise as it is the first time they fly with a Foreigner in theire life.... My gosh when I heared that the first time I have been shocked down to the bones. Now no surprises anymore, even when I asked a F/O once what leg you want to fly, the question came wrong from my side: It was not the way he was used to because it was too early as his introduction phase was not finished. The answer was: I am married, have two Daughters and served twelve years in the Airforce. Thank you, no further question !

Now after all this time I am still wondering why some Guy´s feel still attacked if someone says something what they do not understand and want to misinterprete sentences for purpose?

Haejangkuk and Admiral Shin: Just a small note: We have just one World and not two or three, so if something happen somewhere it happens to the Aviation Community and not to only a part of it.

So what is the diffrence if there is a Airbus Oberserver / Instructor present of not? Crosswinds freaks the desk pilots out, they put all crab on crewlink and we have to read it and some people just won´t get it. You can train it 100 times in the SIM, real life makes it. CJU can be challenging as well on 06/24 approaches, NRT is not easy when winds are showing natures forces but afterall it needs to have the broad understanding of the complecity and that is the missing part with the FBN-method. FlyByNumber goes not along. Proven often enough, time to accept it.

Now I am on my last month, I do not want to do a runner, I do my time for my own dignety. It may not be honored and valued from People in the 7th / 8th Floor but that is not important for me. My own face in the mirror is what counts, selfish I got with that. I do not want to be named a riff raff of something else and I know who I am and what core values are as a human.

Last edited by B737NG; 30th Jul 2011 at 09:19.