PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar NZ
Thread: JetStar NZ
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2011, 05:19
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Oh and GA isn't really the road to poverty as it once was, I was on the award wage of ~$32,000 from the second I started.
In Australia, maybe, that's true. But you notice that everyone telling the guy to go do GA is from Australia, not NZ (Massey058 you're up in Indonesia aren't you?)

Apart from Crescos and Fletchers, there's only one or two non-airline-operated kerosene burners on the whole ZK register. And again, outside of ag, you could count the number of people who actually make a sustainable long term living out of flying GA aircraft on one hand. The Massey and CTC "A" and "B" cats are doing OK I believe, but they all did years of slave labour before they even got those qualifications so that kind of defeats the argument.

The one or two small GA operators who do look after their people, probably only hire once in a generation when the previous guy retires, and the job generally goes to someone who's been brown nosing the boss for years in advance, not a guy fresh off the street from CTC.