PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Express Type Rating
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2011, 00:02
PLovett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g f, the fact that you can look at a 103 resumes, all with jet time and many with PIC, I suggest, is more a product of the times than history. From what I understand there are a very large number of pilots furloughed from the airlines, all of whom would be desperate to be back in work.

It may well be the case that, in your particular circumstances, you can afford the luxury of being choosey as to who gets the nod, but, should your elected donkeys get their heads out of their fundamental orifices and realise that posturing will not stoke the fires of the economy then that pilot pool may well get thinned out rapidly.

I suggest that there is nothing fundamentally difficult about flying a GLEX compared to a LJ, in fact they are probably considerably easier than 1st generation jets which basically had the same systems as their prop-driven brethren. Good training is the key, after all, we sent young men out in the largest aircraft of the day with little more than 200 hours of training and they had others flinging lumps of metal at them to boot.

I will admit that there does appear to be same cost-cutting imperative at work in training as there is across the whole aviation industry. The article by John Deakin on obtaining a GIV rating is quite illuminating and he had something approaching 30,000 hours when he trained. It makes interesting reading. Modern Flight Training...Isn't