PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 22:06
IcedandHeavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A first post from a non aviation-professional who has lurked here for 3 years:

Is there a detailed time-stamped control input graphic available somewhere? If already posted, would appreciate the post #.

Specifically, I am interested in the seconds after the nose down input at around 2:17:17. Was the limited amplitude of this input the reason why the TLS stayed fully up? Or was the limited duration of this input the reason why the THS did not change position from fully up? Bear with me please, I appreciate I have no understanding of the autotrim algorithms in any mode.

Also, how many seconds elapsed between the stall warning following the nose-down input around 2:12:17, and the subsequent nose-up input? Did the PF immediately move the stick nose-down after the stall warning sounded?

What I am trying to get an estimate for is, how much time would have been needed before the aircraft regained enough speed to turn off the stall warning (i.e. because of adequate airspeed and not because of the warning being disabled by illegal angle of attack), in 2 hypothetical situations:
  1. the nose-down input at around 2:12:17 had been maintained?
  2. the nose-down input at around 2:12:17 had been maintained and the THS had been at 0
and then compare the estimated times in with the time between the stall warning a few seconds after 2:17:17 and the PF's subsequent nose-up input (reaction?)?

Informed estimates, anyone?