PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyEASA, Ormond Beach, FL
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 21:48
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rmcb things are different over in the states and what to us is logical isn't what happens.

The insurance is different in the US compared to the UK for flight training. I personally didn't purchase any extra insurance which was offered because it was so expensive.

On returning after finishing PPL and hour building etc I discovered that the medical insurance I had would have been void if I had an accident, I would have been liable for I think it was $10 000 excess of the hull damage. This wasn't just OBA at the time.

To actually get insurance that would have been valid for flight training medically and also renters insurance to bring the excess down to something sensible like $500 excess. It would have made the whole exercise of training and hour building in the states be more expensive than the UK when you added in HOTAC and flights etc. But those were the days of Welshpool.

You wouldn't believe the raft of paper work you get given on your first day at the sausage factorys and now that they have you trapped with a visa it must be even worse than pre 9/11