takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Lonewolf,
Originally Posted by Lonewolf 50
2 h 10 min 49
PNF: (…) il est où euh ?
Uh, where is he?

PNF had already called for the captain.
He seems to have noticed things going pear shaped early, and called for help.
Be carefull (everybody) about the transcript meaning. It is better to wait for the English translation which will be painful to do (I guess it is the reason why they are late on it).
French talk (especially in high stress context) is using a lot of undefined terms; here, "il est où" could mean "where it is?" or "where he is?". In context, I understand that something is missing on his pannel (like Flight Director, or another indication he was looking at that disapeared) rather than "someone" -the captain.
A lot of these sentences are completely meaningless without the tone -might be interrogative, or talking to one or to the other or to himself or even to the aircraft.
Following the conversation with notes about the context in other columns add a lot to the understanding.

Now, I understand also why the BEA would like to have the whole scene with all pannels filmed as many things said all along are related to instruments and very hard to guess what it was exactly.
Vario = variomètre = V/S indicator. The PF lost it at one point.

It is a work in progress. Much more will be added but we'll have to wait for the first quarter of 2012, when they will finish their job.