Old 29th Jul 2011, 17:49
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GarageYears
2 h 11 min 32

Google Translate gives me:

"I have no control of the plane there
I am over the whole control of the plane"

I'm pretty sure there is a more accurate translation, but so far the story from the CVR is one of confusion and disbelief at what the instruments were telling them, rather than a systematic approach to understanding the situation and appropriate recovery. I have been through the entire CVR transcript, but since my French is iffy and my clumsy attempts using Google translate (particularly since the document is columnized) are hard to follow, I'll leave it at that.

- GY
I read it as "I no longer have control of the plane". My french isn't that good either though. Hopefully english translation will be along soon.

I believe they definitely had _some_ pitch info, but what:

Les ailes à plat
l’horizon l’horizon de
secours
- that is capt. at 2.12.19

Shouting for wings flat I think (too late - wings needed to be a lot below flat by then ?). But "l’horizon de secours" - is that the standby (ISIS) ? If so, was PF/PNF seeing something else on main attitude display ?

Mostly, like you say, it looks like complete confusion. No verbal acknowledgement of stall or recovery from. Unless "Im in TOGA eh?" is indicating "I'm in TOGA so can't be stalled can I ?". Previous stall training emphasised TOGA, not nose down, didn't it...

Still, at least we got data to look at now.