PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robbed at LSZB Bern-Belp
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 15:32
LH2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bert,

Originally Posted by vanHorck
Could it be that you did not follow procedures about clearing customs and/or wearing high viz jackets?
It could be. However, the sad reality is that they are a bunch of muggers who make every effort to relieve you of as much money as they can using whichever silly scheme they can think of. Not the individual guards, but the government as a whole--although some guards do apply themselves to the task with great passion. Are they on commission or something?

If so could you please change the subject of your thread?
The subject of this thread is entirely accurate and well in keeping with the historical reputation of the lands at hand.

For the record, I do tend to respect that sovereign entities are entitled to do whatever they see fit within their territories, which is why I put up with e.g., travel to India or much of West Africa. However, I resent being repeatedly ambushed into preposterous money extraction schemes, as I have in Switzerland until the moment when you say enough is enough.

They can go thieving and I have no problem with that, but let us not pretend that it is anybody else's fault. If that's how they want to play it, fine, I now go and spend my money elsewhere... and I no longer give free rides into town to fellow aviators who happen to come from the other side of the mountains. Hospitality works both ways.