PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHF - Merlin Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 15:17
genesis848

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hook,line and sinker

Seldom,

I have a little sympathy for you, so let me impart a little wisdom in your direction.

I fear "running in" and GW are simply "winding you up" mate, dont add fuel to the already massive fire by trying to "justify" or "defend" your corner, it will just make them, as it has me,laugh out loud!!!

RN and RM crewmen are a self effacing bunch, they wont be bragging about thier skill sets or what theatres they have operated in, or how much they "triple loaded" last night, otherwise they will have the p**s ripped out of them by thier oppos, they just get on with the job, just like thier RAF SH counterparts.

What you all say (RN or RAF)makes a lot of sense,anyone who is reading this thread "sat on the fence"so to speak will see both points of view, but i have to agree with APO that this thread is getting away from the point slightly....but then you only have to read the SARH thread on Rotorheads to understand why that often happens on here.

Lets try and stick to the point APO alluded to, and thats how to progress/develop the Merlin into a suitable marinised SH platform, whoever its crewed by.