PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 15:16
airtren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello PJ2,

I am sorry if there is any perception in a negative sense. I am not the good writer that you are.

Nevertheless, please take my post, as a long thought out positive feedback, and an additional clarification to the ones you've already posted recently in your replies. As I've noticed the possible misinterpretation along time ago, in the repeated instances of that text, I think such clarifications were long due. I hope will help for future posts.

The Forum, and these threads are a learning and information source for many. The audience is a lot wider than just airmen.

Originally Posted by PJ2
airtren;

If I may, I've clarified the meaning of "do nothing" and I think you're turning it into something I never meant and that no airman would mis-interpret.

I would have thought that all pilots who fly transports would have understood what I meant and wouldn't think of it as "advice", or take it literally - no pilot would actually "do nothing" and just sit there waiting for the automatics.
As I posted earlier, I've expected the BEA recommendations to target both manufacturers and operators. They are in the right direction. What we see is just a summary.

I am looking forward though to the transcript of the CVR, and an accurate/precise time line of A/C states, and state changes, and pilot actions.

Edit: >>> Finally, got the report...... Yes, the transcript of the CVR speaks: the PNF calls the attention of the PF several times to do a ND, during the ascent. Furthermore, it calls the attention of the PF to use very fine stick controls. That's what you've recommended, isn't it?

Finally the CVR shows that Captain does not make too much of a difference.....

The problem with the Stall Warning is brought forward strongly, which was one of my major issues with the A/C.

The graph of the PF stick almost shows that the PF kept the stick in NU, instead of Neutral.

Training, training, training is an issue.

The PF had a "Glider Pilot License" from 2001, and the AF330 license from December 2008....
>>>>
End Edit

Originally Posted by PJ2
As for the BEA effort, it's disappointing, but there it is. Some interesting points regarding SOPs and some obvious safety recommendations. I guess we'll have to wait til October.

Last edited by airtren; 29th Jul 2011 at 18:02.