PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Running/Jogging as a Way to keep fit?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2002, 17:31
lennyzaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi there
i'm new to this forum and this is my first message.
Now for the fitness. I REALLY suggest you go swimming. It's really relaxing and you can easily get a good condition by doing it.
I swim 3 times a week, each time 30'. At this time i only swim 1km but that's because i've had a pause for 2 months(holidays ).
I'm 16 years old, about 1m70 long and i weigh about 57-60kg.
I don't have a heartbeat counter, yet i suppose it's not neccesary for me as i know i just don't swim too much or too fast.(i can actually hear my own heartbeat very well while swimming... earplugs
Also when you're feeling you can't make that 3rd time a'week, just skip. but don't make a habit out of it.
I'm expecting to switch to 2km starting november and i want to reach 4-5km at the end of my schoolyear(June-july2003).
Btw, swimming is VERY healthy as it doesn't waste you're knees, like running could do. The only thing you do need is a bit of resistance as a swimming pool is a real puddle of germs and bacteria. i've been swimming for 3 years and a few months now of wich 3 years 1-time-a-week. I now switched to 3-times-a-week and after 1 month and a half i feel fine about it. It's not to hard, not even combined with school sports.
Btw, i'm from Belgium so that's why my english ain't perfect and i don't want to go running(cfr "Weather").. just ask METAR for EBBR during the fall, winter and spring and you'll know why
Cheers