PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sirius - Divisive or what?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 12:13
Jabba_TG12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H-B:

Please accept my apology if I offended you, that was certainly not the intention. I can confirm that if nothing else that my entry was meant to be self-deprecating as I completed my service without ever holding the Queens Commission (I left as a Cpl because of dead mans shoes promotion in my trade), although this was indeed the career path I originally intended to follow. As I have said before on deep reflection, there is very little if anything at all that I would change about my time in the RAF, apart from making better use of the educational facilities earlier, but in all honesty, I got out what I put in. And for that, I have absolutely no complaint whatsoever because it has stood me in good stead compared to my non ex-military peers.

Such is the dark humour of the Other Ranks sometimes (particularly of my Cold War generation), but again, I assure you, no slur or offence was intended.

I can assure you my tongue was so far into my cynical cheek that it has indeed finally given me a mouth ulcer. Maybe there is such a thing as Karma after all.

And as I've said on another post, what with 7000 civilianised posts going, maybe a lot of these things are starting to come back full circle. The next few years to 2020 are going to be.... interesting.