PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyEASA, Ormond Beach, FL
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 11:35
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't worry per say about the crash.

They do a heap of hours flying there so although you see a crash there every year or so. I haven't looked at the statistics but my gut feeling they wouldn't be out being in line with national averages. If they were the FAA would be taking a closer look at the school.

Anyway in a black way of thinking the best time to go is just after an accident, because they will have had the feds all over them investigating.

The other issues with the school is as the previous poster has stated. Nothing much has changed over the years it seems. You really do have to stick up for yourself and not be bullied. But its a fine line you really could require further training.

Get your head in the books and try to get the exams done before you go out there.

Personally I wouldn't recommend the place, its a sausage factory and the business ethos there is very sharp with no leeway to the consumer.

But it does get the job done, although if you don't fit in or have even the slightest issue the experence will not be enjoyable.