PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving everything for becoming an airline pilot.
Old 29th Jul 2011, 10:58
wingstwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read your post and was tempted to write back with my experience till now.
I am 39 Yrs and currently hold a valid CPL (FAA- ME/IR, SE/IR and DGCA- ME/IR (India)). I had got the same when I was 37 Yrs of age in 2009 mid, with all Indian DGCA requirements met and license converted. I reside in India. Currently all airlines in India are publishing a maximum cut-off age of 35 yrs for FO intake. And so are some of the ASEAN airlines as well. You can check the same at their respective websites (Jet Airways, Indigo etc.). I had quit my successful corporate career to fly. However, given the above, I have not been invited for any of the written examinations by any airline. Pre-recession, till about 2007-08 things were different in India and anyone with a CPL would get picked up. Like any other business, it is demand and supply afterall. So I'd suggest be careful, and do fly only for the flying and not just for getting an Airline job. Rest is obviously to the best of your judgement. Wish you luck.