PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHF - Merlin Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 08:50
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by guidedweapons
Remember what I said about a superiority complex, "selection", your not the friggin SAS.
A good few years ago, before we had PA there was a small number of fella's crossed over to the light side, I don't believe one of them had any trouble with "Selection".
If its okay with you I will pass on having a go, there is no job security!
Oh dear oh dear is that a cluck cluck cluck I hear

Where did I ever say it was difficult young man What I did say was that there Is way more to SH than cabbying round half a dozen guys in LFO. Its not your fault you don't get that, you dont have to get it as that's pretty much all you do, or at least that's what you tell us is all you do.

Next chance you get pluck up some spuds and go have a chat with the Chinny or Merlin guys and ask them about the wide variety of stuff that drives on and off their aircraft, ask them about the skill sets involved in the USL,s they carry, what it's like having a bucket load of guys with kit and freight on board et etc, might just give you a more rounded look at the bigger picture that is SH.

Pssst, I work in the same office as one of the guys you mention who left the Navy for the RAF and whilst he misses some aspects of his previous life he is content with his new life and would never consider going back, do you know of many that did go back