PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 04:03
RWA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd have thought that there are at least two occasions, bearfoil - both IAS:-

1. the initial upset at the top of the 'zoom climb' - warning sounds, pilot applies TO/GA power, warning stops.

2. The attempted recovery (to quote the BEA 'note'):-

"At 2 h 12 min 02, the PF said "I don’t have any more indications", and the PNF said "we have no valid indications". At that moment, the thrust levers were in the IDLE detent and the engines’ N1’s were at 55%. Around fifteen seconds later, the PF made pitch-down inputs. In the following moments, the angle of attack decreased, the speeds became valid again and the stall warning sounded again."

For all we know, that led the pilot(s) to try the TO/GA thing all over again?

In that connection, just noticed something else; the next entry in the 'note' is timed one minute and thirty seconds LATER than the one I just quoted - but the BEA tells us nothing at all about what happened during that period:-

"At 2 h 13 min 32, the PF said "we’re going to arrive at level one hundred"."

Leading to the conclusion that the attempted recovery was made MUCH higher than I, at any rate, have been thinking up to now?

As a minimum, let's hope that the BEA publishes a full CVR transcript,'fills all the gaps' in the narrative, and above all explains not only why the THS went to 'full up' in the first place; but also why, more important, it stayed at full up even though the pilot had begun making nosedown inputs.

If they don't, IMO it'll be clear evidence that a cover-up on the grand scale is in progress.

Last edited by RWA; 29th Jul 2011 at 04:13.