PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford - Anyone trained there recently and got a job?
Old 14th Oct 2002, 15:38
MorningGlory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I attended the annual BALPA employment conference on saturday. Most of the majors were there and quite a few low cost and regional airlines.

When asked when/if they were likely to employ any low houred pilots soon, all replies were echoed as maybe next year and the student would have to have attended an approved school.

When all challenged what the airlines meant buy an approved school, all they said in reply was: Oxford, Cabair, or BAe.

I have experience of Stapleford and think they are a quality outfit, but its not what the airlines want.

If I had my time again, I'd bite the chequebook and go to one of the above mentioned 3 schools purely because the airlines like to see it (their words not mine).

As for a type rating, forget it. When the airlines were also asked this, ALL of them said dont waste your money, if we wanted to employ you, we'd rather rate you ourselves in house.

Hope this helps, and if you havent started training yet, go on an integrated course!