PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 02:32
RWA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I guess this is all the extra information we are going to get. 'The aeroplane behaved perfectly, the pilots just stuffed up (now including the captain)........' etc. etc.

My French is well over fifty years old, like the rest of me, so I had to depend on 'Google-translate' for the main text. But I'll offer a personal translation for the title - colloquially speaking, "AF 447 : les pilotes en ligne de mire" probably translates best as "AF447 : the pilots to cop the s**t."

"The BEA will present a new report Friday. The crew would be called into question, according to Le Figaro.

The third report by the BEA on the exact circumstances of the accident flight Rio-Paris is expected and feared. The aim is to shed light on the main stages of the disaster that led the Flight 447 to disappear on 1 June 2009 with 228 people on board. Even before its publication on Friday at 14h, the pilots' unions are on the frontlines to expose their responsibilities would be allocated by the Office of inquiry and analysis.

The crew never realized that the aircraft had stalled

According to The Figaro.fr, the report released Friday is mainly because the crew. The BEA will provide Friday on "new facts derived from the exploitation of data from flight recorders." And, according to Le Figaro, "the crew never realized that the aircraft had stalled and has never applied the appropriate maneuvers." "When the captain, who had gone to rest, came back in the cockpit, his two colleagues told him about technical problems but have never talked about dropping out, provides a framework for Air France on a daily basis. Commander edge has never been able to save the situation. "

"Fragmented elements and gearboxes," says the BEA

Even before the report, the BEA has responded, saying "these elements were fragmented and gear." "It's certainly not accusing the crew as it made it mean that we have the chain of causes and Friday, the BEA will say," we understood everything we needed to that the accident does not happen again, "said a spokesman for the BEA, the investigating technique.

The BEA had presented the film in late May of last moments of flight with an initial analysis of black boxes rescued. This first study had pointed to the failure of the Pitot probes, depriving the pilots of the velocity measurements of the device. But investigators have always felt that this could not explain alone the accident.

The union Alter advance another hypothesis about the causes of the accident: a failure of the flight computers manufactured by Airbus. "One wonders, after analysis, if not the flight computers that brought the plane to stall," said William Pollard."
AF 447 : les pilotes en ligne de mire - Europe1.fr - France