PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 00:03
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Le Point

Originally Posted by airtren
From listening to the interview, among the two interviewed pilots comments that I would mention, are references to the shortcomings of the "a/c to pilot information interface", the reviewing of procedures for such situations, and a dialog between Air France and other airline companies, on one side, and Airbus on the other, in that regard which is just at the beginning..
And some other comments made (I don't comment myself, just try to translate):
  • Pilots were fully aware of the weather situation. Weather situation had nothing of extreme, only relatively moderate turbulence.
  • Like a Boeing, the Airbus is a complex system, there are many computers, bugs and false indications are possible, and the user manual for the man-machine interface is not always understood.
  • The man-machine interface didn't work, it is the whole challenge, and the object of the coming legal battle.
  • Inappropriate maneuver has been applied, but we understand why such wrongly doing could take place.
  • It will be necessary to review the user manual.
  • It will be necessary to review the procedures to be applied in extreme situations.
  • The Airbus is different from any conventional aircraft in a way that it will maintain the last flight control order.
  • I've made hundreds of simulator sessions on this type, some with similar malfunctions.
Just one personal note : The last comment is from Gérard Feldzer. I have a doubt he has practiced UAS at cruise flight level, and exit from a full stall situation.
For the record, Feldzer is also the guy who, two years ago, was talking about Global Warming and Monster CB.