PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 23:41
Danny_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PF, I'm not debating the pros and cons of the airport reducing costs to attract airlines and thus more passengers as that would take all day and you would never get a definite answer, as obviously there are many different business strategies you can employ. You obviously feel that CWL should charge the full fees to airlines to meet their costs, however I am also looking at the fact there are other strategies to meet those costs, such as having lower initial costs to the airlines but make up lost revenue from increased passenger spend within the Terminal etc.

My point however is that it looks likely that the airlines that were interested in setting up a base at CWL have walked away due to the costs.
Remember that KLM are not a loco and have a completely different cost base to that required by a loco. CWL are obviously trying to attract a loco carrier to pick up Baby's routes, however if CWL are not able to meet the costs required by the likes of Jet2, who have obviously come to agreements successfully with many other UK airports, it doesn't bode well for any growth in the near future.

Last edited by Danny_R; 28th Jul 2011 at 23:53.