PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 28th Jul 2011, 22:53
aviationboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ turn_in_too

SO package is 10,000 QAR per month (including transport allowance) plus flight pay of 90QAR per hour after safety FO is released. A 3 year bond applies and 50% of the bond amount is deducted from your salary after your first check to line for a period of 18 months. This depends on your bond amount but numbers floating around on here suggest $1389 USD/month. The total sum of these payments will be returned to you without interest when your bond expires, ie 36 months.

Fast track SO is somewhere between 40 and 80 sectors from what i can find, so in terms of time it will depends on which fleet you land on. A320 I would only expect max 2 months as SO but A330 possibly 6-8 months.

@perritopiloto

You can either wait to meet the FO requirements of 1000 jet (the website won't let you apply if you don't meet their requirements), or apply now for fast track SO which only requires 300 jet. IMO there is only a month line training difference between the two so who cares??

Note I don't work for Qatar I just read through the last 50 pages of this thread to find this information