PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 21:28
mm43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by BOAC ...
- this is NOT what the May BEA report said - perhaps you are 'clairvoyant' regarding the 28 July report? The stall warnings sounded BEFORE the climb.
We seem to have a difference of opinion over what happened following the AP/ATHR disconnect.

Ex BEA Note - From 2 h 10 min 05, the autopilot then auto-thrust disengaged and the PF said "I have the controls". The airplane began to roll to the right and the PF made a left nose-up input. The stall warning sounded twice in a row.
The graphic included with my post clearly indicates what is believed to have happened. The initial nose-up input was responsible for the double stall warning per the above quote, and if the attitude didn't change, then why did the AoA trigger the SW? The graphic(s) may be close to the truth or completely wrong, and remember you said, " [they] will pass rapidly into the 'factual' world - as pseudo FDR traces - when in fact they are supposition - guess-work - based on extremely limited information".

Nothings changed, and the 'facts' will supercede everything that this forum has promoted at each successive release of information by the BEA. Until then, I'm quite happy to be classed as 'clairvoyant'.