PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 20:52
USE THE RUDDERS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been reading these Cardiff posts now for a number of years now and feel the need to comment!

There is no way the likes of FR are going to up sticks and leave a successful airport like BRS with a larger catchment area, higher GDP per head of population and relocate to a struggilng airport like Cardiff.

If the likes of BMI Baby are pulling out and Flybe not planning any immediate expansion why would FR want to fill the void when they have already left once?
Even the charters are cutting back on routes?

I can't see how air tax in England can be seen as Cardiff's saviour. Correct me if I'm wrong I didn't think the WAG had taxition powers, do these still belong in Westminster?
What will stop WAG bring in it's own eco tax?

Unfortunately Cardiff in still stuck in a 1970's/80's timewarp and has been eclipsed by more succesful regional airports.

I first flew from there in the early 90's and compared to BRS then it was cutting edge.

No amount of silly school projects and fantasy airlines with fictitous routes is going to deny the fact that the airport is in a major rutt.
Previous talk of EK,AA and DAL looking at the place are frankly ludicrous and embarrassing.

I would be the first to admit if I'm proved wrong but in all seriousness the future is looking bleak.

Please guys can we live in the real world.