PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM testing new fares
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 18:44
Danscowpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One way - £37.48 incl taxes and hold baggage with Jet2 mid-week in August.
KLM would be the choice if transiting AMS onwards with KLM can you through check luggage ?
That's the big advantage with KLM, any flight, any route, any fare - you can have your luggage checked and yourself all the way through to final destination.
With Jet 2 you would have to reclaim it then check in again.

When they banned alcohol in economy, I took a small bottle of wine on board from the business lounge. When I was served with my dry on board sandwich, I put the wine on my tray table.
No different from going into a cafe, ordering a cup of coffee and then proceeding to eat your own packed lunch. Why should you be permitted to do so?

I recall several years ago Flybe challenging KLM on a number of UK Regional Airport routes to Amsterdam and other destinations served by KLM. Like Jet 2, Flybe offered cut price fares but no onward connection facilities - within months Flybe had lost a huge amount of cash (rumoured to be close to £1m) and were absolutely stuffed by KLMs superiority in this sector.

I am all for open competition, but I can't help feeling that Jet 2 may well suffer burnt fingers on this one.