PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GAR form - do you have to inform immigration?
Old 28th Jul 2011, 17:41
martello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gar forms

Tak for tak or thanks for thanks as the scandinavians say. Yes the apps and even the website portals (which are basic) will send a confirmation email. The delay is in linking to the Home Office secure servers, but I have an interim solution using just email. As of today we await the decision of the 'joint approvals committee' If that goes in favour in a week or two then the AOPA subsite will be open to the public, I will have a demo of smartphone apps on "You tube" and they will probably be on the Market or iphone store by Sept ish. The smartphone apps are a big timesaver as you can store all the details of pax. They also allow you to send cancellations and amendments and relate these to the previously sent GAR. All versions recognise if it is a CTA trip and prompt for a Police email. I hope to incorporate this as an automatic facility later but I have to go at the pace of the Home Office.I stress that as yet no negotiations have taken place with the police and this is a UKBA(and me:-)) initiative.Will keep all posted - If anyone has an Android 2.1 or better phone and would like to trial the app please pmail me -trial can be used live/in earnest depending on your UKBA field office - (iPhone volunteer list already full !!)