PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Damaged Baggage
Thread: Damaged Baggage
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 16:20
EEngr

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Damaged/Lost Baggage

A few years back, I flew from Seattle, through Heathrow, to Amsterdam with BA. Upon arrival at AMS, my checked bag (an old, cheapo soft side) never arrived. I filled out the appropriate forms for a lost bag, but it never caught up with me. So I had to replace the suitcase and contents to continue my vacation.

Upon returning home, BA reimbursed me for my ticket. So aside from the inconvenience, I didn't do too badly financially.

About 4 months later, I get a call from the local BA office. They found my bag and would I like it back? Certainly.

When it arrived, it was wrapped in plastic. As best I can determine, it was opened for inspection and the zipper jumped off the track. Hence the plastic wrap. However (probably due to time constraints) they probably just kicked it to the side and forgot about it for a few months.

Had they made an effort to get it to me in AMS, even a day late and duct-taped together, I would have accepted $50 toward a replacement and called it good. It was old and I can't hold even contentious handlers/inspectors responsible for my crap eventually failing.