PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avionco (khartoum-kabul)
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 16:08
IFLy4Free

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all that is going on in Afghanistan there is no way would I go there not for three times the money offered on this particular contract. My life and my family are worth way too much to do this on a wing and a prayer.

First, Russia has one of the worst maintenance histories...this is not saying that the particular airline involved in this contract is lacking...it is merely a general statement.

Also, what kind of maintenance facilities are there? what if you have an inflight mechanical and have to land in a city more dangerous than Kabul? the contract may have your home base that is safe but what if you have a mechanical and have to stay in some mud hut? This can happen....

I hate "what ifs" but in this situation I do think they should be looked at. This contract does not pay enough money....people are doing this due to the economy or because they cannot get hired by an airline here (USA). Is your life worth the thrill or being able to say "Hey I went to Afghanistan"?

Why won't the airline send their employees? Why did other airlines turn down this flying? Something just is not right....