PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 16:01
Jet Jockey A4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I listened to the conversation and to me it is not clear what they are getting to... A lot of talking but no clear answers.

The one theme that does come back a lot is the relationship or interface between aircraft and humans and how Airbus may have to rethink it big time.

It seems the two pilots perhaps three when the captain comes back into the cockpit didn't know what was going on or what was wrong. They were confused and did not know how to solve the problem(s) and how to apply a solution to get them out of it.

At one point they say the aircraft stalled but then say the systems worked because the Airbus cannot stall? Apparently they had access to the cockpit transcripts because they say you can hear the "Stall warning" and that there was no panic in the cockpit all was calm and professional.

They claim from their test in the sim that the crew had about only 40 seconds to figure out and save the aircraft that after that they were going to go for a ride until it crashed.

Not being an Airbus pilot I am totally shocked that these pilots did not know they were in a high altitude stall scenario and could not just apply common sense and fly the aircraft out of it.

What is it with the Airbus that a pilot cannot just push the nose over to a 5 degree nose down and apply MCT and fly out of this stall?

BTW, one of their so called aeronautic experts is a pilot but there is no mention of his background/experience or what type of license he holds and if he is typed on any aircraft in the conversation. The other is or was at one point an Airbus 330 pilot but that's all we know.

I guess it would be prudent to take what is said in this conversation with a grain of salt because there are a lot of unknowns.

Best wait for the July 29th report from BEA.