PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash near Bude, Cornwall: 24th July 2011
Old 28th Jul 2011, 11:39
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My son has just passed his driving test. Occasionally when I sit with him while he drives, I often squirm at his inexperience and I have to say to myself, he has passed his test and he has proven he is competent to drive.
As we all know in the Uk, this does not include skid training, night driving, heavy rain, heavy motorway traffic moving at speed, etc etc.
We all hope and pray that our young ones will survive those precious months/years where they gain that experience and where they can put more and more distance between themselves and that awful day when/if they do crash.
It's called LIFE and us humans court risk just getting out of bed. It's what controls the gene pool!
This unfortunate character didn't have the luxury of putting that distance between passing his PPL(H) and his day of reckoning. He becomes another statistic and frankly, I don't think anyone on this planet could have prevented his demise....least of all himself. No-one to blame - just a roll of the dice - wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong tools.
Very very sad, he must have been absolutely frozen with fear.