PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC Port Keats
Thread: CHC Port Keats
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 11:23
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspect that joke is an urban myth
Ha , i've no doubt that comedian could invent the line had he not heard it, but 'tis true in this case. The late John "doc" Kierens was the stockie, the occasion was the 'Old Top Springs' land claim.

Doc was a great stockie of the old school when the Federal AIB ran matters of animal health. But a lousy shot or with terrible eyesight, as I found one day when I did the first BTEC shoot out with him with his old thirty ought six, Mediocre on the first shot and lousy there after, even from six feet off the end of the barrell.

But breasting the bar at the Old Toppy he still holds the record for an on the slack line of two bob bits. Incredible.

Speaking of pubs, I've enjoyed the company of other pi**pots at the Tindal Officers mess a few times years ago too. Saw a 'blackfella' in there one night with a set of buffalo horns over his shoulder still dripping blood.
Actually he had jumped at the chance seeing as how I had got caught short for my giftie for the xmas tree raffle and that was the last animal we found that day and it had a decent set of horns so I claimed them for the purpose. The rest was history, as was the little waffie who 'somehow' managed to draw the winning ticket for them. good days.