PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar NZ
Thread: JetStar NZ
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 01:35
Fruet Mich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is how it works. Staff come along and work for the rate offered means Jetstar can offer cheaper fares, the next low cost carrier cuts salaries and offers lower fares. Because there is such a fine margin and so much competition in low cost, jetstar will then come out with a lower salary, pilots except that, much to the disgust of Peonex NZ and others that accept the current contract and Jetstar lowers the cost hence offers lower fares. The game goes on and no one wins accept the CEO's. I you end up being offered a lot less that what's on offer today in 3 years time, don't be surprised. This is how low cost works. If you want to be a part of this, it's up to you. What ever blows your hair back. DO NOT whinge in 3 years time when you can't afford to feed your family. Because you will be known to all your collegues.

Everyone is entitled to their own decisions but you are the master of your own destiny. Good luck.

Just to let you know, I left a job paying $80,000 at 30 years old, Went cattle mustering in the outback without my partner for 18 months, then flew light twins on night freight before my first airline job flying Saabs. I had a ball, wouldn't change a thing, gained valuable experience and now have a command on a jet at 40. Jetstar survives by dangelling carrots to aspiring young pilots. Do the hard yards, you'll build friends for life and you'll look back on those years in GA with great fondness.