PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is This Possible (Shares + Training)
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2002, 10:03
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyingForFun - you are nearly correct. I should have added on a Group owned private cat. aircraft you are entitled to take any "test" required for the purposes of the renewal of an existing rating so long as it is not for the first grant of the rating. AIC 21 2000 white is still the definitive document I think. However you are not permitted to use the aircraft for the intitial grant of a license or rating and therefore I do not think you are correct that you can use the aircraft for your initial skill tests but you can use it for your C of E renewal or biannual. Oddly the same aircraft on a private cat owned by a husband and wife for example does not suffer from the same restriction, and therefore it is important to consider the exemptions conferred by AIC 21, rather than taking AIC white 49 in isolation.

I suspect there maybe a few who have in genuine error trained for and taken for example a night rating on their group owned private cat aircraft. The instructor should of course pick up the point and maybe the CAA when you submitt your application.

I guess you might be a bit upset if you completed an IMC course in said Group owned private cat aircraft to find the CAA refused to grant the rating!

The answer is of course to place the Group owned aircraft on public cat. which will then allow the aircraft to be used for any training towards and the flight test for the grant of a new rating but still does not overcome the problem with ab initio training for the grant of a PPL.

I wonder whether the same restrictions apply so far as an NPPL is concerned?

Last edited by Fuji Abound; 14th Oct 2002 at 10:09.