PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY/FR Ruining BA's Shorthaul
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2001, 12:18
Amazon man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In reply to some above it really is quite sad that some of you so called aviators are sitting there with a smile on your face and waiting for the first airline to go bust therefore justifying the existence of either a low cost or full fare airline.

There is room for both in this industry and if people in general didnt keep talking us into a recession then there is no reason why both won't survive.

I was an employee of one of the biggest airline collapses in the early nineties and believe you me you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy.

When I started in this industry many years ago it was full of gentlemen and ladies, sadly that doesn't seem the case anymore with an element of the yob culture having crept in like so many other parts of society.

Remember that we are all in the same business whether cheap and cheerful or more expensive but hopefully above all we are professionals and behave likewise.

An airline collapse will do nobody any good whatsoever and whatever your views are on BA it has weathered worse storms than this and survived.It may emerge in a different form but we all have to move with the times. Rest assured it will still be here for a long time yet.