PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet to buy 120 A319s, with options for another 120 a/c
Old 14th Oct 2002, 09:44
MaxAOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has to be good news. Reliability has a number of statistics and of course lies. A number of A319 orders have been cancelled since 9/11 and the deal that easy are getting will undoubtedly be outstanding. I am sure that there will be issues for a low cost operator to cope with by introducing a new fleet but they will have done their homework.

Political decision based on slots etc? If that is a contributary factor so what! That's business as well isn't it? What it does offer Easy is the ability to quickly open up their route structure - especially if they go to the 321 to longer distances and more importantly capacity for hardly any additional cost, the yield would be greater or the seats maybe even cheaper. Despite that though during most of the year you could easily fill a 747 on routes like Malaga, Faro and Alicante, so it would make sense to use bigger aeroplanes on these established routes and all on the same type rating!

The future of the business has changed in a number of ways but seeing orders like Ryan and Easy have placed does at least mean that there will be pilot jobs. How often do you see orders for this number of aircraft from established 'old school' operators nowdays - not very often, only the 'new boys' are doing it and for the pilot workforce who have been battered over the last 12 months this has to be excellent news.

The actual implementation dates etc are still to be announced in detail but i for one am quite enthused by it. I am watching this space - My own future might even be orange!!