PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACE Recruitment/Interview
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2002, 09:27
Red Snake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason you're not getting many replies is probably that no one really knows. Almost all the current pilots have come from Brymon, BRAL or BAR. The BACX selection process is new & not familiar to most of us but I've heard it's along the lines of the BA process - the IPA may have some up to date info. (they've been very helpful to me over the years) . People have been selected into a holding pool, I think. There are not many new joiners flying the line - the low houred pilots have mostly come though the BA cadet prgramme.

We've just gone through some major reshuffling of bases and fleets post FSAS & the dust hasn't settled yet - there seems to be crew shortages on some fleets & bases, & surplases on others but this should sort itself out before long & maybe we'll see the bigger picture then.

We did advertise for J41 captains a few weeks ago, so that would suggest an expected shortage there, but I heard we'd had hundreds & hundreds of applications (for any aircraft/base) & there certainly aren't that many openings.

Time to command is a guess right now. It used to be quite quick on the turbo props as people wanted to move on to bigger things. Turbo prop commands are faster. Jet commands at certain bases are dead men's shoes.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but good luck!