PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corporate Travel Agents - Do they provide value?
Old 27th Jul 2011, 12:52
radeng

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Looking at the problems that both myself and Mrs radeng have had over the last 30+ years of corporate travel agents, we have had enough messed up trips. Then my colleagues. have had as much trouble..

One of them was booked to arrive at Phoenix from London on BA at 1730, and booked out on America West to San Diego at 1830. The agent said 'an hour is plenty of time for a connection'. It's a hell of a long way from the B stands at Phoenix (where BA ariives) to the A stands where the San Diego flights generally left from.....and forgetting immigration.

I had a trip to Paris. They had sent me confirmation of the flights, but when I came to check in to return, they had never booked the return - only the outward..

They booked me on a flight into CDG and a departure 45 minutes later from Orly....seemed amazed when I said it wasn't long enough as the airports are on opposite sides of Paris.

And so it goes on. Yet when I book myself, it nearly always works except for weather or tech failure - on about 30 trips a year.

The original question was 'Do they provide value for money?'

There may be some that do - the radeng household have just never come across them.