PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fallacy or Fact - Qantas International losses
Old 27th Jul 2011, 11:47
QAN_Shareholder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bazza,

Qan Shareholder, do you agree the highest paid airline CEO of the last decade made the correct choices with regard to the fleet?
Over a decade I think Dixon would have been some distance behind the highest paid airline CEO - check Delta for a start, I'm not defending his pay though it was bordering on criminal.

Can you tell me how much money some JQ330 Captains were paid in the last 12 months compared to QF ones? Also, some JQ 320 captains were paid a hell of a lot more than some 737 Captains.
Why 'some' captains? If you're going to do a comparison surely it is average that matters and from the airlines perspectiver per hour flown. I am confident JQ are well behind their QF counterparts.

Yet you hang onto the notion that us and the engineers are the entire and total cause of any woes QF faces. In your opinion, if we are the only problems, can you not see why things have reached the point where they are now?
I don't believe I have ever claimed pilots and engineers are 'the entire and total cause of any woes'. Actually I think it is only part of the problem. End of line carrier, competitors such as Emirates who can hire and fire at will, recruit globally and whose employees don't pay tax, Australian labour costs being generally higher than abroad particularly with current exchange rates, foreign airlines run for motives other than return to shareholders. There is a fairly long list of issues that makes operating certain international routes from Australia fairly unattractive.