PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar NZ
Thread: JetStar NZ
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2011, 09:15
PhoenixNZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wear glasses and RNZAF require 20/20 vision unaided (or very close to it)

Also a training colleague of mine found this on CTC's website (yes, I'm training with CTC):

When do I start earning a salary? How much will that be?
Once you have successfully completed your Basic and Intermediate Training, the next stage is to complete Advanced Training. This comprises ground and simulator training followed by induction into Jetstar. You will then commence flying with the airline on the line, completing your line training.

For Jet Star New Zealand pilots your expected starting salary will be $62,000 for Years 1, 2 and 3. In Year 4 this will rise to $80,000. These salaries are based on you flying 850 Block hours per year. From this point onwards you will be on Jet Stars standard salary and bonus payment package
Now CTC can't just randomly put that information up without some sort of reasonable expectation that its true. Otherwise its false advertising which would result in serious trouble. So currently its expected that after three years you would be earning $80k and shortly after that you will be a standard FO, just like all the others.