PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar NZ
Thread: JetStar NZ
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2011, 06:26
theheadmaster

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Interesting argument remoak. You state that conditions will improve because experience is valuable. You criticise my statement about observations of cadet courses, yet it is simply the same argument logically applied to lack of experience. That is, if experience is valuable and worth paying for, providing a product that is inexperienced will attract less pay. I thought it was a pretty simple observation back then.

Happy to remind you how things went in 1989. Pretty bloody bad for the poor people involved. The unfortunate side effect is that pilots have become so gun-shy as a result that they are unwilling to fight for pay and conditions. This is bad for all of us in the industry. Hopefully those lessons will be put to good use in the upcoming action by QF pilots.

My pessimistic view is reinforced by blind optimism shown by those with no general life experience. Granted, conditions are much more likely to improve if there is a skill shortage, but only if we manage ourselves well, oil does not run out and the USA does not implode in a debt and borrowing sinkhole dragging the whole world with it.