PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAN Airlines South America
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2011, 01:38
A320 CURSED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Nightmare 21!!!
It depends on you age....
If you are a low time pilot as you state, try to get hired,t fly for a couple of years and then get the hell bsck to the states... they love hiring 200 hr pilots due to the fact that they will only pay you 60% of the F.O`s salaryry to start off. All you need is a Commercial P.L. with your instrument rating on it. Since you are a U.S citizen, I would strongly recommend to find you a job with a U.S carrier, I knwow... I ain`t easy but lifestyle if by far much better than in south america.
So, back to to what matters...
The Name they gave you is correct, send a resume, IN SPANISH most of the low key employees @ Lan will not want to mess with having to speak in english. Since you are also Uruguayan I assume you do good at Spanish. First, tell them you are From Uruguay, not a US guy, when it comes to hiring expats , they like uruguayans, there is about 40 of them flying here.
There are 3 companies you may fit in, LAN, Lan Express and Lan Cargo.
Considering your low TT I don`t think you would go to Cargo, they run B767Fs ans B777Fs, you will end up with Lan or Lan Express, Lan X only takes new pilots for the A320, LAN on the other hand may hire you direct
For the A320 or the B767-300ER, and you have the option once you build up seniority of flying their A340-300 plus the B787 is some time to come.
If you get hired with Lan express you are literally SCREWED!!! PERIOD.
You fly the A320, Rosters are not fun.
Hope this helped U.