PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fallacy or Fact - Qantas International losses
Old 27th Jul 2011, 01:24
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm a fan of the 'don't ask a question you don't already know the answer to' when it comes to these sorts of proceedings however the following is worth digging into.

Bruch Buchanan and a bunch of other J* people are on the Qantas Intranet directory. Under Bruce's profile is says 'company- Qantas', 'Department- Jetstar'. I wonder then who pays his salary? Is he employed by Qantas or Jetstar? Others on thet list include CEO J* Asia, the J* 'Head of International', Bruce's PA, the J* CFO, the exec manager commercial, etc. All are listed as Company- Qantas, Department J*.

It may be just an administrative thing.

Other questions:

1. Given that a lot of J* equipment is held in Qantas storage areas (formerly QCD), do J* pay a fee for the storage of these items or is this a cost that is borne by mainline?

2. J* cabin crew now do medical training with Qantas cabin crew- a recent occurrence since they copped a shellacking in the senate when their claim to 'uphold all the safety standards of Qantas' was shown to be a sham. Are they charged for this service or is it free? This training is done at the same time as security training. Not sure if they paid for the security training in the first place (or how long they've been doing it with QF crew) but did the cost increase when medical training was added on?

3. Who pays for 'Group Security'? Does J* contribute to this cost and pay for their services or is that another mainline cost?

4. When an A330 is transferred to J*- after having been delivered to QF shortly before- who does the acceptance of the aircraft in Toulouse? Are they QF people or J* people?

5. On another thread, someone mentioned an airport manager being told not to book costs onto J*. They may be referring to Honolulu where it's alleged that QF provided something like 30+ rescue flights in the one year and the additional costs for the Honolulu QF ground staff to turn around these flights was not charged to J*. QF had to wear these costs. Perhaps they were covered in the cost charged to J* for the rescue flight..... but I doubt it.

Again, I must stress I don't know the answer to these questions and I'd hate to ask them in an open court without knowing the answers.